The Brussels Tigers Fastball club is located in the town of Brussels, Ontario. We offer levels of ball from T-ball (U7) to U20 Boys and U23 Girls, and depending on numbers, have the ability to offer all-girl divisions as well. This great club, located in the heart of Huron County, participates in several leagues including Tri-County, Perth Fastball, North Waterloo and Inter-County Softball Association. Brussels has supported and helped foster some great ball players over the past several years, with players moving on to play at not only a local level, but in Provincial, National and World competitions. Our teams in Brussels, as well as individual players, have gone on to win various awards and championships along the way.
In the last 10 years, our men's fastball team has won the title of Huron County Fastball League champions fives times, including 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2021. This successful team hosts an annual tournament in Brussels in late July every year, providing great competition, entertainment and sportsmanship.
Mission Statement, Values & Objectives
Brussels Minor Ball is an independent, non-profit organization, committed to servicing youth in the community of Brussels and surrounding area. We are dedicated to providing players with an enjoyable sporting experience, which includes learning the basic skills of softball, instilling the values of sportsmanship and competition, and aiding youth in the development of lifelong habits such as diet, exercise and focus on health. The goal of our programs is to promote positive self esteem, team spirit and assist youth in individual growth, supporting youth at all skill levels. We strive to create and maintain environments of teamwork, honesty and fair play.
Brussels Minor ball is governed by an Executive Board, comprised of community volunteers and advocates of sports and physical health. It is the responsibility of this board to attract and develop the best coaches, umpires and other adult leaders to ensure that our children have the most enjoyable learning and playing experience. The development of sportsmanship, teamwork, honesty, courage, respect and physical fitness are the organizations utmost priorities. In order to achieve these things, we seek to attain the following:
• To govern the league in a manner that puts the development of our players, as both athletes and persons, above other considerations.
• To provide our players with volunteer coaches, who work will with players of all ability levels and who remember that the development of exceptional athletic skills and winning games is secondary to the development of players
• To provide our players with volunteer coaches who seek to teach those players the rules of the game along with proper baseball fundamentals.
• To provide our players with volunteer coaches who provide positive examples and a positive baseball experience
• To provide high-quality facilities and equipment for the use of our players.
• To ensure our players, coaches and all volunteers within our organization abide by our code of conduct, ensuring that all individuals are treated with respect and that all members conduct themselves at all times with the values of the Brussels Minor Ball League which include fairness, honesty and mutual respect.
• To provide a zero-tolerance policy on bullying and ensure children of all gender, sex, ability, religion, and race are included in our programming.